Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day at Pan Pacific Hotel's Cafe Pacifica

It's June 19, 2011, and my girls are taking me to a Father's Day buffet at a 5-star hotel. I'm looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong. I love ethnic food, but every once in a while I crave a buffet of all-you-can-eat, high-end Western food! What makes a Father's Day brunch perfect for me is one that offers excellent food, great coffee and a quiet, uncrushed environment. Cafe Pacifica fits that bill.


I offer to hold the table while my girls go off to get their food. I'm not being the gentleman they perceive me to be, but in fact, am using this alone time to bask in the scenery, people watch, and enjoy my just poured French roast coffee. So far the first part is going well. I'm comfortable, calm, and content. The girls return too quickly, so now I'm off to get my food.
Omelette station

Eggs Florentine - my favourite



Sushi, dim sum and fruit

Omelette creation

Desserts


Even more desserts

Breads

Halibut Wellington (This was really good!) and Roast Prime Rib

Ice Sculpture and Shimp

Small Juice Bar

Christine's Dessert Selection




















More Desserts
The selection is complete with a number of nice Asian add-ons. I tried the lamb, eggs Florentine, grab some sushi, an egg roll, Singapore noodles, veggies, and almond potatoes. All are good. The place is hopping, which helps to keep the food turning over quickly and thus fresh. The next plate is salad, more sushi, a danish, and fruit. The other distinguishing factor of this buffet was the dessert selection. A huge selection and, of the many I tried, all were excellent and appeared to have been prepared fresh. The bread pudding was my favourite closely followed by the apple tart. Christine and Kiki seemed to favor the mango mousse cake. Marissa shared my love of the bread pudding and also enjoyed the chocolate mousse.

Overall, a pleasant, relaxing time with the family and well worth the cost. Not a place I would go to every day, but definitely one high on the list for special occasions.

Dad with his soulmate 


Dad with his (sorry for bragging) beautiful daughters.
A big thanks to Christine, Marissa and Kianna for such a wonderful Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment